Established in the year 2010, AGM Rural College of Engineering and Technology has grown from a simple concept to full-fledged temple of education and learning in the realm of engineering. The college adheres to the principles laid by His Holiness Acharya Gunadharnandi Maharaj of Navagrahteerth Jainmatt Varur.
Located in Hubli, the campus is spread over a sprawling 40 acres of lush land that engages and fosters not only education but also a spiritual bend of mind. The college seeks to provide its student body a holistic education that will shape each of them into valuable additions to the world.
With its sights set on producing responsive engineers who have a strong ethical base, the college molds the students to face the challenges of the world of commerce confidently.
The SDM Jainmatt Trust, Navagrahteerth Varur, prior to the establishment of the engineering college has been running several educational institutions. The number of institutions under their aegis ranges from primary school, to high school to Pre-University and Degree colleges not to mention their polytechnic institutions.
The AGMR College of Engineering and Technology is therefore an incredible achievement for the trust. Their vision to provide complete education to students can now reach the realm of Engineering and Technology.
The trust identified the pressure to find specialized expertise in the area of technology in our global village. The college seeks to facilitate learning in every student through innovative teaching and exploration methods.
The college is looking to bridge the gap between the industry and the educational institutions. In order to equip the students with the right tools to enter the industrial arena, AGMR seeks to build a technological background in the student body through sound research.
While most colleges today boast of long lists of facilities and infrastructure, AGMRCET has brought a world class educational institution that Hubli will be proud to showcase to the world. Here is a list of infrastructural advantages that AGMRCET can bring,
- Guest house to accommodate guests and parents.
- Distance education program under the MOIT Government of Karnataka, sponsored by the KSRSAC.
- Work stations sponsored by Sun microsystems.
- Potable water supply.
- Dependable power back up through a 100kva generator.
- Internet connectivity through ADSL Broadband services Data One and ISDN across the campus and hostel facility.
- Buses dedicated to transporting students to the college.
- Separate hostel facilities for the boys and the girls.
- INFLIBNET, EDULINK and DELNET allow resource sharing throughout the college.
- A well-stocked library with over 3000 volumes along with several international and national periodicals and journals.
- A virtual class room facility.
- Modern, well-equipped laboratories across the campus.
- Decentralized computers that connect to the campus network allowing the students to seamlessly transition from work to research without missing a beat.
- Not to mention the dedicated, experienced and worldly faculty members driven to finding the best in every student.
Placement cell and training
The college is dedicated to seeing the students through not only their time of study but also in the journey of finding their footing in the world of commerce. The training and placement cell provides training that the students can rely on in the hunt for a job.
They boast of programs on
- Communication development
- General aptitude
- Technical aptitude
- Personality development
- Memory power
- Group discussion
- Self-confidence and motivation.
The college often ropes in the professionals for these short term courses in order to help the students best they can. Through the placement cell, AGMRCET students have found incredible careers in not only the national but also in multinational companies.
The placement and training cell keeps a keen tab on the changing trends in the engineering industry so that they may train their students to stay one step ahead of the competition. The students may also be invited to off-campus interviews through the placement cell.
The college offers engineering courses in five core disciplines listed below
- Computer Science Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Apart from these core courses students are also provided certificate courses in
- Analysis and design software NISA, ANSYS, STAAD and AUTO CAD
- 3D Modeling using SOLID EDGE software of UNIGRAPHICS, USA
- Networking in collaboration with CISCO and IIITB.
In order to qualify for these courses, the college in accordance to the AICTE, New Delhi and the VTU in Belgaum have set the eligibility criteria as follows.
- A pass grade in the 2nd PUC, 10+2, or equivalent qualifying examination.
- The institution for the qualifying exam must be recognized by the Central or State Government.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with mathematics, computer science, statistics, computer programming or computer application as one of the subjects.
- The minimum aggregate marks required for admission is 50%.
- Physics and mathematics are compulsory subjects, while either biology or chemistry serve as the optional subject.
- English must be the language of study.
- The entrance test should be taken. The minimum marks for the entrance test need to be beaten by the student.
- Diploma students with 50% aggregate marks are also eligible for application.
- A minimum aggregate marks of 40% in case of SC/ ST students.
- The government of Karnataka and the affiliated university must sign off all admissions to the AGMRCET.
A.G.M.R. College of Engineering and Technology
Navagraha Teertha, NH-4 Road, Varur- 581207
Phone: +91 0836 2312 061
Mobile: +91 90082 89326
- About Hubli
- About Engineering education in Karnataka
- Engineering colleges in Bangalore
- Engineering colleges in Karnataka