The Karnataka State Tourism Department will soon launch the Silver Chariot on the lines of the Golden Chariot, it is aimed for the middle income group. Instead of riding the South India’s first luxury tourist train you can settle down for a luxury Volvo bus.
The cost of the Silver Chariot will be one-fifth of Golden Chariot. The six night, seven-day trip will cost around Rs 25,000 per tourist. Here the travelers are taken to locales with in the state like Mysore, Hassan, Bhadra and Hampi. However the tourists will experience the designer interiors in the Volvo bus and also get to stay in air-conditioned rooms at hotels on the route or Passengers will be put up in Jungle Lodges and Resorts, KSTDC properties.
- Silver Chariot trip will start from Bangalore every Sunday morning and return by Saturday afternoon.
- For Kids under the age of 12 they get a discount of 50%.
- Sunday – Sightseeing tour of Mysore and night stay in the famous KRS Hotel.
- Monday – Visit the tourist spots in Hassan, including Belur and Halebidu.
- Tuesday – Visit National Park and night stay at Jungle Lodges and Resorts.
- Wednesday and Thursday – Visit Badami, Pattadakal and Aihole and night stay in Badami.
- Friday – Visit Hampi and night stay.
- Saturday – Departure from Hampi to Bangalore and arrival to city by late afternoon.
The Bronze Chariot to cost lesser than the other two, is also on the cards and is to be started soon.