TiP Sessions is an NGO based in Karnataka that is involved in climate action, creating civic awareness, waste management, and working towards gender justice. The NGO has been leveraging technology, design, regional and lingual context to achieve its goals. They’ve been actively involved in the economic empowerment of women in rural areas, waste management using community engagement, and providing climate education.
Services Provided By TiP Sessions NGO
TiP Sessions is now actively involved in free delivery services of food and in delivering medicines for the COVID 19 affected population in the districts of Udupi, Mangaluru, and Chikkamagaluru in Karnataka.
The quick spread of the new strains of Coronavirus in our country continues to wreak havoc in the lives of people. To make their lives easier during these difficult times most of the people in the cities rely on home delivery services for food and medicines. However, door-to-door delivery services are absent in most tier 2 and tier 3 cities.
TiP Sessions decided to double their existing network of climate change volunteers and waste management workers and to utilize their services to help the COVID 19 affected population in Udupi, Mangaluru, and Chikkamagaluru.
- The program was launched 3 weeks ago
- The delivery is for senior citizens, COVID patients and their families, Non-COVID patients suffering from co-morbidities.
- Food and medicines are delivered
- The volunteers provide simple meals to those in need
- If the medicines have to be purchased from a medical store the person who requires them must make online payments to the store directly
- In the areas where TiP Session centers are absent, cooked food is sourced from outlets
- This is especially for the old-aged
- Donating funds to institutions like orphanages and special schools to support them
(Such institutions are forgotten most of the time when the entire nation is going through a chaotic situation)
Volunteers For TiP Sessions
Many volunteers have come forward to be a part of this team to help out people in need during this pandemic.
- Strict rules must be followed by the volunteers
- The parcel (food/medicine) will be left at the doorstep
- The volunteers must not share any details of the patient/family on the social media
- The delivery services must be done free of charge
Requests made by people pick up food from restaurants are turned down by the volunteers. They explain that they are a part of an NGO working for climate change and they are volunteering as delivery agents to help people affected by this pandemic.
- Website: tipsessions.org
- Link to Donation: http://tipsessions.org/donate.html
- Location Of Help: Udupi, Chikamagaluru, Mangalore