We all need a break from the rat race we are running continuously. We need a break from the noisy city life buzzing with honking vehicles. We need a break from over-exposure to local and global news we are constantly bombarded with. Yes, we deserve some peaceful time away from all worries. We deserve some free moments to rest and unwind. Kabini River Lodge lets you do just that.
What could be more calming than the lap of Mother Nature?
Karnataka is all set to provide you with the tranquillity you deserve with its eco-tourism projects. The Resort is the perfect answer if you are searching for a weekend gateway that can give you the peace of mind. This joint venture of the forest department of the government of Karnataka and the Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd. is the perfect place for any nature and wildlife lover.
Sitting at the southern fringes of the Nagarhole National Park this river resort is one of the nicest places to observe wildlife in their natural settings. With it’s No A.C and No T.V. feature, the resort makes sure that you remain out of the city life for the time you are staying there. However, you are allowed to carry your camera to record the beauty of nature and the beautiful time spent with her.
At this point, you may be worried about the food you will get there. Don’t worry living near nature does not mean you’ll have to survive on fruits and roots. At the communal dining space of the Kabini River Lodge Resort, you can enjoy Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisines offered in buffet set-up. This beautiful resort beside the River Kabini is the justifiable blend of life with nature and modern amenities.
Quick Facts about Kabini River Lodge
- Phone: +91 822 8264 402/03/05
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.kabiniriverlodge.com
- Address: Kabini River Lodge, Nissana Beltur Post, Karapura – 571114 (MAP)
Facilities at the Kabini River Lodge Resort
This eco-tourism resort stands true to its value by taking you close to nature. But this is not all about the place; it takes you to the bygone eras of kings and colonial periods. The rooms named as Maharaja Cottages, Quaint Cottages and Tented cottages made in the colonial style gives you the feel of Mahara’s era. All the rooms are equipped with modern bath to ensure you have a comfortable stay.
The other facilities of the resort that may interest you are:
- Fourteen colonial style double bedrooms with modern facilities, six twin-bedded cottages and 5 tented cottages with attached modern bath
- A well-equipped bar housed in Viceroy’s building
- A Seminar and meeting hall equipped with multimedia projectors and other conferencing facilities
- Buffet style dining area, named Gol Ghar, serving Indian, Chinese and Continental foods
- Wildlife Safari where you can view herds of elephant, sloth bear, langur, chital, sambar, gaur, barking deer, crocodile, elusive cats and lot more in their natural setting
- Bird Watching
- Jeep ride to the Nagarhole National Park with experienced driver and naturalist
- Video films about wildlife at the Viceroy’s building
- Coracle ride on the Kabini River accompanied by a naturalist. (depends on the season)
- Ayurveda treatment (not included in the package but you can avail the benefit at extra charges)
Attractions and Activities
- Wildlife Safari
- Bird Watching
- Coracle Ride
- Nature Walk
- Elephants Ride
- Day Visit
- Forest Camp
- Water Rafting
- Mountain Biking
How to Reach the Kabini River Lodge Resort
The Kabini River Lodge Resort is situated at a distance of 94-Kms from Mysore, 220-Km from Mangaluru and 225-Kms from Bengaluru.
The best route for reaching Kabini Resort by road is via Mysore Road. The Mysore road may seem a longer distance for people coming from Ooty but this road is good for the safe and comfortable journey. The Bandipur, Gundlupet route is shorter but bumpy.
Mysore junction is the closest railway station to the resort. The junction is connected with trains from most of the major cities. You can arrange a taxi from the junction to take you to the resort.
Mysore airport is the closest airport to the place and there are many flights connecting major cities like Bengaluru and Mangaluru. Guest arriving from Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad or any North-Indian states would need to come via Bengaluru.