Did you get a message as COVID-19 positive? What to do if you are tested positive? Here’s what you need to do if you are tested positive:
- Call the BBMP Officer as per your BBMP Ward and inform.
- Share full address and Google location through WhatsApp
What To Do If You Are Tested Positive – Contact BBMP East Zone Wards Contact Numbers
First Response Contacts
- Sarvagnanagar : Dr Sunita – +91-72593-13507 (Wards: 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 49, 59)
- CV Raman Nagar: Dr Srinivas Gowda: +91-94806-85845 (Wards: 50, 57, 58, 79, 80, 88, 113)
- Shanti Nagar: Dr Srinivas Gowda: +91-94806-85845 (Wards: 89, 111, 112, 114, 115, 116, 117)
- Shivajinagar: Dr Shivegowda: +91-89700-88882 (Wards: 62, 63, 90, 91, 92, 93, 110)
- Pulakeshi Nagar: Dr Nayantara Patil:- +91-94806-84142 (Wards: 31, 32, 47, 48, 60, 61, 78)
- Hebbal: Dr Vedavathy – +91-94806-84133 (Wards: 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 33, 34, 46)
Nodal Officer For BBMP COVID Cell East Zone
Dr Bhaskar Rajakumar: +91-99000-94042
- Level 1: DHO – Dr Sangamitra: +91-93437-93046
- Level 2: HO – Dr Siddappaji: +91-94806-84214
- Level 3: Joint Commissioner: Pallavi – +91-94806-85619
If you are keen to be treated in a private hospital, you can call and confirm availability of beds, treatment cost etc. from any of the private hospitals, to name a few:
- CMH Hospital
- Vydehi Hospital
- Sakra Hospitalc
- Columbia Asia Hospital
- Narayana Hrudralaya
- St. Johns Hospital
- MS Ramaiah Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
And confirm bed availability; also do collect Nodal officer’s contact from the hospital.
- If you are in a residential complex, inform the RWA President/secretary.
- BBMP/Health department would need to arrive with an ambulance and make a health assessment, only after the department receives confirmed report.
- Do not self-drive or go with someone to a hospital (Hospitals won’t accept at any cost).
- If you have insurance, get all the documents ready (No one from your family cannot come with you)
- If you have a medical history file, keep it ready, especially the latest prescriptions and tests.
- Pack your personal belongings for up to 14 days. Don’t forget your daily medications. Pack dry fruits, if needed
- Carry a thermal flask or an electric kettle if need be to hot water needs (only if you are going to a CCC)
- Ensure you have packed your mobile charger, cable, power bank, laptop
- Ensure you have taken your credit card, Cheque book, Banking details etc. for the payments at the Hospital
If you have decided to avail Government service, then the BBMP Health staff would recommend available Hospital for Symptomatic patients and a Covid Care center/Home Quarantine as per policies, for asymptomatic patients. You may not have an option to choose.
How To Help Contact Tracing
- Start writing down the name and phone number of your primary contacts in the last 7 days.
- If you had visited any public place like shops, office, parties, gatherings etc. list it down along with date and time.
- Keep this list ready to hand over to the BBMP Team. Be authentic
If your House-hold help, cook or driver is a primary contact, ensure your family members have informed them immediately. When the ambulance arrives, be ready to leave immediately without making them wait.
Once the assessment is done, they would take you to a Private hospital, Government Hospital or a COVID Care Center.
In case, there are changes in Hospital or CCC after you leave your home, please call and inform your family members.
Please be respectful and cooperate with the staff. They are only trying to help amidst this challenging situation. In case of any trouble, call on 100 or the local police station.
How To Take Care Of Your Health
- Monitor your body temperature every 4 hours
- Call Apthamitra helpline 14410 and seek guidance in case of fever, cough, cold etc
- If you have a Pulse Oximeter, monitor the Oxygen concentration levels every 4 hours.
- If your Oxygen level is less than 95%, alert the Senior Health Inspector/POC from BBMP immediately. You need emergency attention.
- Do salt water gargling every 3 hours.
- Eat healthy food and ensure you are well hydrated
- Isolate and Stay away from your family members
- Try and organize a few N95 masks and wear them.
- If you feel like freshening up, please do so with precaution
- In case of breathing discomfort or health issues call Apthamitra helpline 144109.
- Stay calm and rest till the ambulance arrive
What To Do If You Are Showing COVID Symptoms?
In case you haven’t tested yet but having fever, cough etc, consult a doctor or fever clinic. If the COVID test is not recommended take medication and take rest. Please check the below chart for more information.
- SOP For COVID Care Centers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Hospitals In Bangalore
- Hospitals for COVID-19 Treatment In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Test Centres In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- How To Handle COVID-19 In Your Community
- Top 6 Home Quarantine Checklist
- Standard Operative Procedure Or SOP For Home Isolation Of COVID-19 Patients
- How To Donate Plasma For COVID Treatment
- Bangalore Unlock 2.0 – Activities Allowed
- BBMP Booths To Tackle Rising COVID-19 Cases In Bangalore