Want to know the SOP for home isolation of COVID-19 patients? Not everyone with symptoms of COVID-19 needs to be hospitalized.
According to government regulations, individuals with positive test results but mild or no symptoms may be treated at home. In such cases, they must stay at home in a separate room and live isolated from other family members for the period of treatment.
The Karnataka State Government has recently announced Standard Operative Procedure or SOP for home isolation of coronavirus cases.
SOP For Home Isolation Of COVID-19 Patients – Key Points of Assessment
- The house must have a room with an attached bathroom where the individual can be isolated from the rest of the family.
- The room must be well-ventilated
If the house does not meet the standards for home isolation, the person/ family must be shifted to an appropriate nearby COVID care facility.
SOP For Home Isolation Of COVID-19 Patients – Instructions For Health Team
- A home isolation notice must be posted on the front door
- The individual in home isolation must have a stamp on their hand for 17 days
- At least two of the person’s neighbors should be informed about their home isolation and requested to help the individual/ family.
- The neighbors and society should be told to not ostracize the individual/ family.
- A three-member team in the apartment owner’s association/ resident welfare association/ booth/ village/ ward must oversee the person’s compliance with home isolation.
- If the person violates the home isolation guidelines, action should be taken as per the disaster management Act with the IPC and the person must be shifted to a COVID Care Center.
- The individual must be linked to a telemonitoring center for daily follow-up.
- All waste generated by the person in home isolation including gloves and masks should be soaked in 1% sodium hypochlorite solution for 30 minutes and then disposed of in a separate waste bag.
- The concerned area medical officer must track the progress of the person under home isolation and provide the DSO with a daily update on their status. These details should also be updated on the GOI-COVID-19 portal and facility app.
- Bangalore Lockdown – What Is Allowed And What Is Not
- What To Do If You Are Tested COVID Positive – BBMP East Zone Positive Case Guidelines
- Standard Operating Procedures or SOP For COVID Care Centers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- Hospitals for COVID-19 Treatment In Karnataka
- How To Donate Plasma For COVID Treatment