On the 28th of March 2020, it was announced that the Bengaluru City Police will issue e-passes for the movement of people during the lockdown. Earlier the authorities have been issuing physical passes to control the unwanted movement during this lockdown period.
The e-passes are being delivered through an app. The individuals require a pass to commute during this lockdown period. The e-pass called the CLEAR Pass is issued by the Karnataka State Police (KSP) and is valid only in the city of Bengaluru.
Curfew E-Pass Update On May 4
Starting from May 4th, citizens don’t need a pass in Bangalore to step out between 7 am and 7 pm. After the specified time, you are allowed to move around only for medical and essential services even if you have a pass. Checkpoints will be functioning and you will need to flash your IDs when asked. Do carry an ID proof every time you step out.
- COVID-19 Karnataka Overseas Returnees – Testing and Quarantine Guidelines
- COVID-19 Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- District-Wise COVID-19 Cases In Karnataka
- Curfew E Pass In Hassan
- Karnataka Lockdown Status – Lockdown till May 31
- Interdistrict And Inter State Travel Pass During Lockdown In Karnataka
- Applying For Online Travel Pass Permit For Karnataka -List Of Websites
Pass Helpline: 112
The E-Pass App
- App Name: KSP CLEAR Pass
- Created by MyGate
- The App is currently available only on Android devices
- The KSP CLEAR Pass is issuing e-passes for all divisions in Bengaluru
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Can Apply For A Curfew E-Pass?
- Initially, the plan was to issue e-passes for the e-commerce delivery agents in the city. More info here
- Later it was decided that the e-passes will be issued to those individuals exempted from the total lockdown for 21 days. Find more info here
- Using this app the police are also issuing passes required to perform services like distribution of food/ration/other essential services and for travel during an emergency.
- Individuals, as well as corporate agencies, can apply for an e-pass
How Does KSP CLEAR Pass Works?
Every person who requires to leave their house during this lockdown can apply for an e- pass
- Apply through the online app KSP CLEAR Pass available on the MyGate website
- Once approved the e-pass gets linked to the mobile number of the individual
- The time for which the person can remain outside will be mentioned
- The pass expires once the time lapses
- Each pass has a unique QR code so that its authenticity can be verified by the police
- In case your application for an e-pass gets rejected by the Police you cannot leave your home
Applying For Curfew KSP CLEAR Pass – Rules For An Individual
- Each individual who requires to leave their house needs a pass
- Use the KSP CLEAR Pass app to apply for an e-pass
- Upload your Aadhaar card on the app in case you have plans to take your vehicle
- Once approved by the police the e-pass can be downloaded on your smartphone
- Make sure you carry a valid photo ID along with your e-pass
Applying For KSP CLEAR Pass – Rules For Corporate Sectors
- E-passes are also said to be available for the corporate sectors
- The number of e-passes to be issued to each company will be decided by the local authorities
- The e-passes cannot be transferred
- Inter-state movement is not permitted
- The employee must carry a valid photo ID issued by the government, and company ID card along with the e-pass
India is going through a total lockdown period for 21 days due to the COVID 19 medical emergency. The lockdown will continue till the 14th of April 2020 unless the state/central governments decide to extend it further.
The government introduced this pass system to control the unwanted movement of people during this lockdown period. Such measures are necessary to control the spread of this virus within the country.
- Coronavirus – Essential Service Pass FAQ By Karnataka Police
- COVID-19 – Essential Service Passes In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Relief Funds In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- Hospitals for COVID-19 Treatment In Karnataka
- Migrants In Karnataka And Food Relief Camps During COVID-19
- Electricity Bills During Corona – Bill Generation And Payment In Karaka
- Health Bus – BMTC Bus Routes For Essential Service Workers In Bangalore
- Coronavirus Hotspot In Karnataka
- COVID-19 And Your Mental Health – Chatbots And Online Counselling Can Help
- Conducting A Wedding During COVID-19 In Karnataka