Electricity bills during Corona – will the bills be generated? If yes how to pay it? Let’s find answers to all your queries.
For Electricity supply companies (ESCOMS) such as BESCOM and MESCOM in Karnataka, the COVID-19 breakout has affected bill generation and payment collection. There are a number of rumors that have been circulating on WhatsApp about how electricity bill payment will be deferred for 3 months.
- District-Wise COVID-19 Cases In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- How To Pay BWSSB Water Bill Online?
However, this is not true. A circular by the Government of Karnataka clarified these rumors and gave ESCOMs directions on bill generation and payment collection for the month of April 2020.
Electricity Bills During Corona – How Will Bills Be Generated?
Typically, bills are generated as per meter readings. This reflects the actual number of units of power consumed. Given the central government’s directives to have only essential staff on the roads, ESCOMs will not be able to take meter readings. Thus, for the month of April, bills will be generated on the basis of average consumption.
Electricity Bills During Corona – How To Get Your Bill Copy
A copy of these bills will be shared with the consumer on the existing database through email, SMS or WhatsApp messages. Consumers may also get a copy of their bill by calling the helpline number: 1912.
They would need to share their account IDs and mobile number to get the bill details. Alternatively, they may also contact the subdivision offices.
Electricity Bill Payment In The Time Of Social Distancing
Since consumers will not be able to visit ESCOM offices to pay their bills in cash, online payments will be accepted. Bills may be paid through:
- Karnataka One Website – click here
- Payment links on ESCOM websites: BESCOM, MESCOM
- Bharat Bill Payment System website
Payment modes acceptable include debit and credit cards issued by all banks, internet banking, UPI payments, digital wallets and the Pay U App.
These directives are applied only to bill generation and payment for the month of April 2020. Regular meter reading, bill generation and payment collection activities will resume from the 1st of May.
Any differences noted between the average bill and actual reading will be adjusted in the bill for the month of May.
COVID-19 Related Articles
- Bangalore Police Helpline Number
- COVID-19 – Food Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Relief Funds In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- Coronavirus Lockdown In Karnataka – What Is Available and What Is Not
- Hospitals for COVID-19 Treatment In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Test Centres In Karnataka
- Migrants In Karnataka And Food Relief Camps During COVID-19
- Health Bus – BMTC Bus Routes For Essential Service Workers In Bangalore
- Hydroxychloroquine Manufacturers In Karnataka
- Coronavirus Hotspot In Karnataka – Mysore And Bengaluru Hotspots
- COVID-19 And Your Mental Health – Chatbots And Online Counselling Can Help
- Tumkur One
- Bangalore One
- Mangalore One
- Mysore One
- Bellary One
- A User’s Guide To Karnataka Power Tariff Revision