The migrant population has been hit hard by the COVID-19 lockdown. Neither can they go back to their villages and earn their livelihoods. According to the United Nations, hunger is emerging as a crisis for many countries including India. Recognizing this, the Labor department of the
Migrant Helpline For Cooked Food: 155214
Karnataka Government started a massive food program known as Dasoha. The program offers dry ration as well as cooked food for migrants all over the state. Dasoha has provided over 10 lakh homeless and stranded migrant laborers with food over the last 7 years.
The government is acting as an enabler in this program. While the labour department meets the food cost for some providers, others offer it freely without any cost to the migrants.
Reaching Out To Dasoha
A 24×7 helpline is being managed by Bengaluru-based Vindhya e-Infomedia. Anyone needing help can reach out to the helpline by calling 155214. This helpline is being managed by around 10,000 volunteers. Where initially they were managing 30,000 meals per day, within a week, the number has grown to 1.8 lakh meals per day.
Citizens calling the helpline will be directed either to the closest food center or dry rations and cooked food will be sent to a location nearby. The helpline uses backend technology tools developed by apps like Swiggy to deliver cooked food.
Helpline For Non-Cooked Food
Dry rations will be distributed by Joint Commissioners across the city. Laborers can reach out to them by calling the below numbers.
- Joint Commissioner (West): +91-80-2346-3366
- Joint Commissioner (East): +91-80-2297-5803
- Joint Commissioner (South): +91-80-2656-6362
- Joint Commissioner (Bommanahalli): +91-80-2573-5642/ 2447
- Joint Commissioner (R.R. Nagar): +91-80-2860-0954/ 1851
- Joint Commissioner (Dasarahalli): +91-80-2839-4909/ 3688
- Joint Commissioner (Mahadevapura): +91-80-2851-2300/1
- Joint Commissioner (Yelahanka): +91-80-2363-6671/ 2297-5936
Dasoha is aimed at ensuring that everyone covered by the scheme never has to go to bed without food during this lockdown.
- Migrant Workers In Karnataka – A To Z
- Migrants In Karnataka And Food Relief Camps During COVID-19
- Bangalore Police Helpline Number
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- Coronavirus Lockdown In Karnataka – What Is Available and What Is Not
- Hospitals for COVID-19 Treatment In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Test Centres In Karnataka
- Electricity Bills During Corona – Bill Generation And Payment In Karaka
- Health Bus – BMTC Bus Routes For Essential Service Workers In Bangalore
- Hydroxychloroquine Manufacturers In Karnataka
- Coronavirus Hotspot In Karnataka – Mysore And Bengaluru Hotspots
- COVID-19 And Your Mental Health – Chatbots And Online Counselling Can Help