To contain the spread of COVID-19, the Karnataka government has imposed weekend and night curfew in Bangalore. The curfew in Bangalore will come in force from April 21, 2021, 9 PM to May 4, 2021, 6 AM. Read on to know what is allowed and what is not during curfew in Bangalore:
Curfew In Bangalore – An Overview
- Night Curfew: 9 PM to 6 AM
- Weekend Curfew: Friday 9 PM to Monday 6 AM
Weekend Bangalore Curfew – Activities Allowed And Not Allowed
Prohibited Activities During Weekend Bangalore Curfew
- Schools, colleges, educational/ training/ coaching institutions, etc. will remain closed. Online/ distance learning shall continue to be permitted and encouraged.
- All cinema halls shopping malls, gymnasiums yoga centers, spas sports complexes stadiums, swimming pools, entertainment/amusement parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly, halls, and similar places will remain closed. Swimming pools approved by Swimming Federation of India to be opened for sportspersons training purposes only.
- All social/ politicali sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ rcligious gathering/ other gatherings and large congregations
- Stadium and playground are allowed for organizing sports events and practicing purpose without spectators.
- All religious places/ places of worship shall be closed for the public. However, all personnel engaged in the service of the place worship shall continue to perform their rituals and duties without involving any visitors.
- Restaurant and eateries permitted to operate and only take home (parcel) is allowed.
Weekend Curfew In Bangalore – Guidelines For Commercial And Private Establishment
- Shops, including ration shops (PDS), dealing with food, groceries. fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths meat are permitted.
- Wholesale vegetable/fruit/flower markets shall be permitted to operate from open
- Special playgrounds strictly adhering to COVID appropriate behavior.
- Restaurants and cateries permitted only take away.
- Lodging Hotels are permitted that service guests only
- Standalone liquor shops and outlets/Bars and Restaurants are permitted for takeaway only.
- All food processing and related industries are permitted to operate.
- Banks, insurance offices, and ATMs are permitted.
- Print and electronic media permitted
- Delivery of all items through e-Commerce permitted
- Capital and debt market services and noticed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India are permitted.
- Cold storage and warehousing services
- Functioning of Government and Private Offices/organizations/Companies outside the containment zone
- Private security services permitted
- Larger shops/salon/beauty Parlours permitted with strictly adhering to COVID appropriate behavior and guidelines issued by the Health and Family Welfare Department
- All establishments wherever possible should work from home
Functioning Of Government And Private Organizations Outside
- All private offices/ organizations/institutions/companies shall be allowed to function with minimal strength. As far as possible work from home should be encouraged.
- Only essential employees/staff of IT and ITeS companies shall work from the office. Rest will work from home.
- All telecom and internet service providers and companies offering allied services to telecom and internet service providers are permitted to operate 24/7 with the unrestricted movement of personnel and vehicles.
- All Government offices/ Autonomous Bodies/ Public Corporations, etc, shall function with 50%o strength and the rest shall be deployed for COVID l9 containment and management purpose.
- The Departments dealing with essential and emergency services shall function in full capacity as per the guidelines
- All Offices of the Government of India, its Autonomous Subordinate offices, emergency and essential Services, and Public Corporations shall operate as per the guidelines issued by the concerned departments.
- Petrol/Diesel pumps, gas stations shall be fully operational.
Inter-State And Intra-State Movement
- No restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods.
- No separate permission/approval/e-permit will be required for such movements.
- However, people coming from other states shall strictly adhere to the Guidelines/SOPs issued by the Department
Movement Of People And Goods
- Movement of people through Public transport (Metro, KSRTC, BMTC, NEKSRTC, NWSRTC, Private Buses, trains, Taxis including cab aggregators (4 wheelers), Autorickshaw, etc) is permitted adhering to COVID appropriate behavior.
- The number of people traveling in buses, cabs, tempo travelers and metro shall be 50% of the seating capacity and other vehicles shall be as per the seating capacity stipulated by the RTO.
- Unnecessary travel through private vehicles should be avoided.
- There shall be unrestricted movement of all types of goods and cargo.
- All agriculture and allied activities are permitted outside containment zones.
- All Health Services (including AYUSH and Veterinary hospitals, pharmacies) to remain fully functional outside containment zones
- Marriages permitted strictly adhering to COVID 19 Appropriate behavior (CAB) with a maximum of 50 people.
- Cremation/funerals to be allowed with a maximum of 20 people.
Guidelines For Night Curfew in Bangalore
- The movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 9.00 pm to 6.00 am, except for essential activities.
- Patients and their attendants/persons requiring emergency need or movement shall be allowed to move.
- All industries/companies which require operations at night shall be permitted to operate. Movement of employees of such organizations shall be allowed on producing valid ID card/authorization issued by the respective Organization
- Employees and vehicles of ‘telecom and Internet Service providers shall be allowed movement on producing valid ID card issued by their respective organization/institution.
- Only essential staff employees of
- IT and ITeS companies organization shall work from the office. Rest will work from home.
- Medical, emergency and essential services including pharmacies shall be fully functional and other commercial activities are prohibited.
- There shall be no restriction in the movement of all types of goods through trucks, goods vehicles, or any goods carriers, including empty vehicles.
- Delivery of goods and operations of e-Commerce companies are allowed.
- Movement of long-distance night bus services, trains, and air travel is permitted.
- Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators) to and from airports, railway stations and bus terminals/stops/stands are allowed, for facilitating the movement of passengers by air, rail and road.
- The movement will be allowed only on displaying valid travel document
- In Kannada: April 20 – ಕೋವಿಡ್ ೧೯ ವಾರಾಂತ್ಯದ ಕರ್ಫ್ಯೂ ನಿಯಮಾವಳಿಗಳು
- BBMP Free COVID 19 Testing In Bangalore – Zonal Helpline Numbers
- District-Wise COVID-19 Cases In Karnataka
- District-Wise COVID-19 Cases In Karnataka
- BBMP COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines For Asymptomatic And Mild-Symptomatic Patients
- BBMP Booths To Tackle Rising COVID-19 Cases In Bangalore
- Round The Clock Helpline For Oxygen And Remdesivir In Karnataka