The Karnataka government has announced 3 COVID-19 relief packages to provide financial aid in various sectors. The total value of the packages announced till now is Rs 1,722 crores.
The first financial package was directed towards auto and cab drivers, handloom weavers and flower farmers and amounted to Rs 1,610 crores.
The second relief package was valued at Rs 162 crores and was intended to provide financial aid to power loom workers and fruit and vegetable farmers.
The third economic package valued at Rs 512 crores provided relief for maize farmers and incentives for ASHA workers.
COVID-19 Relief Packages In Karnataka – Weavers
Handloom and Powerloom units will receive financial aid amounting to Rs 2000 each. This one-time relief will benefit 1.25 lakh power looms and amount to a total value of Rs 25 crores.
COVID-19 Relief Packages In Karnataka – Farmers
Vegetable and fruit farmers will receive compensation from the state at the rate of Rs 15,000 per hectare.
This benefits farmers growing vegetables such as cauliflower, capsicum, onions, pumpkin, cabbage, tomatoes and green chilies and fruits such as papaya, bananas, pineapples and grapes since these fruits and vegetables have largely gone unsold.
The total value of this relief package is approximated to be Rs 137 crores.
Financial relief for maize farmers will be calculated at the rate of Rs 5,000 per farmer. The total amount committed here is Rs 500 crores. Up to 10 lakh maize farmers stand to benefit from this.
Farmers focused on growing flowers who have been affected by the COVID-19 lockdown will stand to receive compensation at the rate of Rs 25,000 per hectare.
Compensation will be offered for cultivation on land up to a maximum of 1 hectare. Karnataka has approximately 11,687 hectares of land under floriculture.
COVID-19 Relief Packages In Karnataka – ASHA Workers
There are currently 40,250 ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activists)workers in Karnataka. Each of these workers will be given an incentive of Rs 3,000 through cooperative institutions. The total amount set aside for ASHA workers is Rs 12.50 crores.
COVID-19 Relief Packages In Karnataka – Construction Workers
Sine construction has paused across the state, many construction workers are out of a job. The government has set aside Rs 15.8 lakhs as compensation for these workers.
According to this relief package, 11.8 lakh construction workers have been given Rs 2,000 each. The government has also said that it will be providing them with an additional Rs 3,000.
COVID-19 Relief Packages In Karnataka – MSMEs
The monthly fixed charges for electricity bills payable by MSMEs will be waived for the next two months. Payment for the fixed charges of electricity bills payable by large industries will also be deferred without penalty for two months.
COVID-19 Relief Packages In Karnataka – Daily Wage Laborers
Daily wage laborers such as taxi and auto-rickshaw drivers, barbers and washermen who have been out of a job since the lockdown will receive Rs 5,000 each.
- Migrant Workers In Karnataka – A To Z
- Karnataka Lockdown 4 – What Is Allowed And What Is Not
- COVID-19 Test Centres In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- KSP CLEAR Pass – Curfew E-Pass For Essential Services Bangalore
- COVID-19 Lockdown – How To Get Curfew E Pass In Hassan?
- COVID-19 – Essential Service Passes In Karnataka
- Coronavirus – Essential Service Pass FAQ By Karnataka Police
- Coronavirus Lockdown In Karnataka – What Is Available and What Is Not
- COVID-19 District Control Room Numbers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- COVID-19 Relief Funds In Karnataka
- Bangalore Police Helpline Number
- COVID-19 – Food Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- Migrants In Karnataka And Food Relief Camps During COVID-19
- Electricity Bills During Corona – Bill Generation And Payment In Karnataka
- Hydroxychloroquine Manufacturers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 And Your Mental Health – Chatbots And Online Counselling Can Help
- Conducting A Wedding During COVID-19 In Karnataka
- Interdistrict And Inter State Travel Pass During Lockdown In Karnataka
- Applying For Online Travel Pass Permit For Karnataka -List Of Websites