Bus services within non–containment zones and interstate have begun. Do you want to know COVID 19 bus safety measure taken by Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) and Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC)?
Citizens in Bengaluru can now travel within the city and state on Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) services.
City operations have resumed on high-density routes in Bengaluru city’s non-containment zones. Buses will run only between 7am and 7pm.
Ticketing System – BMTC Passes
To maintain social distancing, tickets will not be issued for individual journeys. Instead, commuters can buy daily, weekly or monthly passes. These passes can be purchased beforehand at certain bus depots.
- Daily passes -Rs 70 will also be available onboard the bus.
- Weekly passes-Rs 300 will be valid on all non-A/C buses for 7 days including the day the pass was issued. To buy a weekly pass, the individual must have a valid photo identity card.
To encourage cashless transactions, QR code scanning for digital ticketing will also be introduced on 75 buses on a trial basis.
Where To Get BMTC Monthly/Weekly Passes
Weekly and monthly passes will be available at:
|Kempegowda bus station||Vidyanagar||Basaveshwaranagar|
|Shivaji Nagara bus station||BTM Layout||Chikkalasandra|
|Shanthinagar TTMC||Ullal Upanagara||Jambusavari Dinne|
|Koramangala TTMC||Bidadi||Jayanagara 9th block|
|Jayanagar TTMC||BEML 5th Phase||J.P. Nagara 6th phase|
|Banashankari TTMC||MCTC Bus Station||ISRO Layout|
|Kengeri TTMC||Chandra Layout Bus Station||Mahalakshmi Layout|
|Vijayanagar TTMC||Hampinagara||Peenya II Stage|
|Yeshwanthapura TTMC||Nandini Layout||Laggere|
|White Field TTMC||Malleshwaram 18th Cross||Doddaballapura|
|Banerghatta TTMC||Wipro Gate||Vidyaranyapura|
|Jeevan Bheema Nagar||Silk Board||Kavalbyrasandra|
|Brigade Road||Tin Factory||Hebbala|
|Austin Town||C.V. Raman Nagar||Jalahalli Cross|
|APC Bus Stand||K.R. Puram||Hesaragatta|
|Channammanakere Achchukattu||Attibele||Chowdeshwari Bus Station|
|Kumaraswamy Layout||Hosakote||Yelahanka 5th phase|
|Srinagara||Kadugodi||Yelahanka New Town|
|N.R. Colony||Sarjapura||Yelahanka Old Town|
Precautions To Be Taken By Passengers
The BMTC has released a set of regulations to be followed by all passengers.
- All passengers must cover their nose and mouth with a mask. Passengers without masks will not be permitted to board the bus.
- Passengers must enter through the rear door and exit through the front door.
- All passengers must wait in a queue for the bus.
- Social distancing must be maintained when boarding and alighting from the bus.
- If all the seats are taken, passengers are advised to wait for the next bus
- Passengers with a fever or other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to board the bus.
- Children below the age of 10 years, pregnant women and senior citizens will not be allowed to travel by bus.
- Passengers must maintain cleanliness onboard the bus and at bus stations.
- Buses will stop only as designated bus stops
- If a large number of passengers are noticed at any bus stop, the crew must inform the depot manager about the same.
- The driver, conductor and all other bus crew must wear face masks
- Crew will be allowed to board the bus o after their body temperature is checked
- Crew must use sanitizers
- Buses must be cleaned, sanitized and disinfected before deployment
Inter-District Buses – Timing And Route
KSRTC non-AC buses will run from 7am to 7pm, Monday to Saturday along the following routes:
Buses will not stop enroute for refreshments and thus passengers must carry their own water and food.
A maximum of 30 passengers will be allowed on each bus. They will be allowed to board only after their temperature has been checked.
- Health Bus – BMTC Bus Routes For Essential Service Workers In Bangalore
- Unlock 1.0 In Karnataka- FAQ About Lockdown 5
- Unlock Phase 1 Guidelines For Karnataka
- Interdistrict And Inter State Travel Pass During Lockdown In Karnataka