In light of the spike in coronavirus cases in Bangalore, the Karnataka government has imposed a lockdown across rural and urban Bengaluru. The Bangalore lockdown will be enforced from 8 pm on July 14th to 5 am on July 22nd. Essential services will be available throughout the lockdown.
Ministers In Charge Of Covid Zones in Bangalore
To curb the spread, the government has divided Bangalore into 8 zones and assigned ministers and IAS officers for each zone.
|Zone||Ministers In Charge||IAS Officers In Charge|
|West||Narayan||Rajendra Kumar Kataria|
|East||V Somanna||Tushar Girinath|
|Bommanahalli||Suresh Kumer||P Manivanan|
|Mahadevapura||BA Basaraj||N Manjula|
|Raja Rajeshwari Nagar||ST Somashehkhar||R Vishal|
|Yelahanaka||SR Vishwanath||Naveen Raj Singh|
Bangalore Lockdown – What Is Not Allowed
- No new trains or flights will be permitted to run
- Metro rail services will be paused
- Auto rickshaws and taxis including those operated by cab aggregators will not be permitted..
- Schools, coaching institutions, colleges and other such educational and training institutions will remain shut.
- Examinations that have already been scheduled may be conducted as long as the National Directives for COVID-19 management are adhered to.
- Restaurants, hotels and hospitality services will be closed except for those listed for housing government officials, police, health officials, stranded individuals and those used as quarantine facilities.
- Restaurants can only offer home delivery and takeaway services
- Shopping malls, gyms, cinema halls, stadiums, sports complexes, entertainment parks, swimming pools and other such places to remain shut.
- No political/ social/ academic/ educational/ religious or cultural functions that involve large gatherings to be held.
- Offices for essential services such as electricity, sanitation and water, treasury offices, BBMP and subordinate offices and courts and offices related to legal work may continue to operate as per existing guidelines
Note: Separate guidelines have been issued for cab services needed in emergencies
Bangalore Lockdown – What Is Allowed?
- Shops retailing groceries, fruits and vegetables, milk and dairy products, meat and fish and animal fodder to be open from 5 am to 12 noon
- Home delivery of essentials to be encouraged to reduce the need for people to step out of their homes
- ATMs, banks and insurance offices to be open
- All agricultural and horticultural activities to be fully functional
- Delivery of essential goods sold through e-commerce companies to be permitted
- All clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, labs, medicine shops, pharmacies, dispensaries and collection centers to be open
Can You Take Your Car Out?
Personal vehicles may be driven through the lockdown period but only in the case of an emergency. Police officers will seize vehicles driven without a valid reason and documents and violators will be charged under the Disaster Management Act.
As far as possible, please stay home for the next 8 days. If you must step out, remember to wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth and maintain social distancing. When you return home, wash your hands immediately with soap and water and have a bath.
Bangalore Lockdown Guidelines For Travel
- Interdistrict and interstate travel to be permitted only in case of emergency
- People will not be permitted to travel in KSRTC or BMTC buses except in the case of an emergency.
- Intradistrict travel by passenger vehicles and buses to be allowed only in emergency cases
- Any person wishing to travel must obtain an e-pass beforehand.
- Students may use an admission ticket for examinations as a travel pass.
- Flight and train tickets may serve as travel passes for people traveling to the airport/ railway station
- KSP CLEAR Pass – Curfew E-Pass For Essential Services In Bangalore
- What To Do If You Are Tested COVID Positive – BBMP East Zone Positive Case Guidelines
- SOP For COVID Care Centers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Hospitals In Bangalore
- Hospitals for COVID-19 Treatment In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Test Centres In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- How To Handle COVID-19 In Your Community
- Top 6 Home Quarantine Checklist
- Bangalore Unlock 2.0 – Activities Allowed