There is a new universal BBMP helpline – 1533. Let’s find out more about the new BBMP helpline 1533.
The BBMP (Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) has now introduced a universal helpline number for queries and to raise complaints about the citizens living in Bengaluru City Corporation. All helplines including the one for COVID 19 have now been merged into a single number.
After dialling this 4 digits toll-free number:
- Press 1 to get all kinds of assistance related to COVID 19
- Press 2 to raise any complaints/queries other than COVID 19
The BBMP had borrowed BESCOM’s helpline number 1912 while the city of Bengaluru was going through the peak of the first and second waves of the COVID 19 pandemic.
BBMP Helpline 1533 – Things You Need To Know
Dialling the BBMP helpline 1533 can help you out in several situations including the following
- Emergencies related to COVID 19 and associated issues
- All queries regarding COVID 19 including
- Testing Centers in Bengaluru
- Vaccination and related information
- COVID Care Centers
- Bed blocking requests
- Physical triaging centers
- Primary Health Centers in Bengaluru and their details
- Quarantine rules
- Information on home isolation
- Information regarding Ambulance facility
- Hearse van facilities
- Complaints regarding fallen trees
- Waterlogging and related issues
- Complaints regarding roads (potholes and so on)
Let’s take a look at how this helpline number works.
- This toll-free number can take up to 20 COVID 19 related calls at a time (Pressing 1 after dialing 1533)
- 10 calls other than the ones related to COVID 19 will be answered simultaneously (Pressing 2 after dialing 1533)
- Only 10 COVID 19 related calls and 5 non-COVID 19 calls will be answered simultaneously between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am
- The BBMP has plans to increase the capacity based on demand
- All calls except COVID 19 and related issues will be transferred to the current control room
- Considering the current inadequacy the authorities have plans to increase the number of lines
- Setting up of additional centers and response teams
- Depending on the caller’s location calls may be transferred to the response team at the zonal level
Ticket System In BBMP Helpline 1533
- A ticket system will be used by the officials.
- All calls will be recorded
- The information such as the time of the call, the reason, and if the issue has been resolved or not will be recorded
- A ticket number will be issued to the caller
- The case number will be closed only after resolving the issues raised by the caller
Even the same number (1533) is being used by some of the Municipal corporations across India. The call is directed to the civic body concerned depending on the geographical location of the caller.