At Our Native Village, a healthy mind and is the main focus. Despite being located bang in the middle of Bangalore City, this eco resort offers all visitors a chance to rejuvenate their and mind, so that they can change the way they think and eat.
The healing programmes on offer here integrate both tried and tested ancient therapies like yoga, Ayurveda and meditation, with new-age healing processes like Sound Healing and Past Life Regression. And not only is it about holistic health techniques – the resort is entirely eco-friendly as well, right down to solar panelling and a chemical free pool. It’s no wonder then that this beautiful oasis in the midst of chaos was highly commended as the Best Small Accommodation at the Responsible Tourism Awards in 2008.
There are a total of 24 double/twin/family rooms, all designed in a traditional way, so that visitors can feel at one with the natural space around them and to promote local artistry. The eco rooms have been created using sun baked clay bricks, and wall murals have been painted by various tribal artists. Each of the rooms has a mini library for the guests, and all the toiletries in the bathroom are hand made and natural. The restaurant serves vegetarian food, using organic produce.
There is also a conference hall, containing audiovisual equipment, a Sound Healing massage bed, an Ayurvedic spa, an eco swimming pool and an organic farm. You can bring your pets along as well.
How to Get to the Resort
The resort is located in Bangalore city, about 30 km away from Mekri circle close to the Government Film Institute. You can ask for a pickup from the airport to the resort, by road/helicopter at an additional charge.
Contact Information and Pricing
The Eco Resort offers various wellness packages for people. These include the Heal Your Body, Heal Your Life, Ayurveda Plus and Restorative Holiday packages. Each package is for a varied duration, and the tariff of the room, single and/or double, also varies accordingly. You can make your payments in the form of demand drafts, made payable to Native Resorts Private Limited. For further information, you can contact the office.
Native Resorts Private Limited
110, 1st floor, 2nd cross
4th main, HAL 3rd stage
Bangalore – 560 075
Enquiries/Reservations: +91 80 41140909
Activities and Things to Do
- The Eco Resort takes “sitting and doing nothing” to a whole new level as an art form. Sit still and reconnect with your inner self, or take a meditation and yoga session.
- You can get a Sound Healing massage, to help clear the energy blocks in your .
- Even getting a traditional Ayurvedic oil therapy from one of the trained professionals will help reduce all the stress in your .
- You can take a dip in the eco style pool, which is chemical free and kept clean using aquatic plants.
- Merge as one with nature, with a walk along the wilderness trails in the resort, and spot peacocks, rabbits and snakes.
- Go for a bicycle ride, and explore your surroundings. Spend the evening around a bonfire, or sing along to the karaoke machine in the resort.