Many old parents don’t have support during their sunset years. Many children are not in a position to be in the same city of their parents.
If you can afford, please do make sure they are taken care of in a good old age home. They deserve it and most importantly they have earned it.
We are attempting to list all old age homes in Karnataka. We would appreciate your help in expanding this list.
Tips for elders seeking Old Age Homes –
- Make sure whether moving to an old age home is inevitable for you.
- Consult your family members & close friends before taking decision.
- Evaluate your needs and affordability.
- Be slow & cautious in choosing the right home for you, keeping in mind the facilities & services available there.
- See that adequate facilities for your physical, social, emotional & spiritual needs are available there.
- Visit the home personally, inspect critically & be satisfied with the environment, quality of services, infrastructure such as rooms, beds, food, water, cleanliness, medical care, transport,communication & entertainment facilities.
- Do not be carried away by the claims & promises of the staff & management. Find out if the people are committed, service minded and trust worthy.
- Meet with the inmates & get all information & all doubts cleared. Observe the living conditions of the inmates, find how they are treated & whether the home is over crowded or not.
- Examine the scope of privacy, independence & security.
- Avoid keeping valuables with you.
- Study all the papers, documents, terms & conditions carefully before signing & making payments.
- Get a clear idea about the payments, fixed and recurring costs & whether deposits are refundable or not. Pls note, donations are not refundable.
- Get receipts for all payments & keep safe all the brochures & documents signed by the management and all copies of papers signed by you.
- Find whether easy communication with & visits by family members & friends are permissible.
- Furnish clear instructions & details about the people to be informed in case of emergencies.
- Why Retirements Homes Are Gaining Popularity?
- Things To Consider While Buying A Retirement Home
- Facilities And Care Get Better As You Grow Older
- 3 Ways To Own A Retirement Home
- About Old Age Homes in Bangalore
- List of Old Age Homes in Bangalore
- List of Old Age Homes in Bangalore on Karnataka.com
- List of Old Age Homes in Mangalore
- List of Old Age Homes in Mysore
- List of Old Age Homes in Suttur
|Sl No||Name of the Old Age Home||Telephone/Contact Person||Type of Mngmt/Services||Criteria for Admission|
|1||Arogya Matha Kendra||Payment type with deposit||NA|
|St.Lawrence Garden,||and monthly fee|
|Pademale PO, Mangalore-575005|
|2||Human Relations and National|
|Payment type with deposit and fees||NA|
|‘Shanti Bhavan’, 10,||and seperate fee for maintanence,|
|Jayalakshmipuram, Mysore-570012,||food, etc. Single Room and Single Cottage|
|3||Rose of Sharon Trust||+91 0824 2273282||Free admission will be decided||Above 60 Yrs|
|Site No. 182, 2nd Block,||only after verifying the status of|
|Katipalla, No.158, Magalore Taluk,|
Karnataka 575 030