Nestled in the foothills of the Chamundi Hills and overlooking the Lalitha Mahal Palace, Indus Valley Ayurvedic Center, also known as IVAC, is the perfect destination for those who crave for a lavish retreat that can reinstate their lost vigor and balance through ancient and authentic Ayurvedic treatments.
Surrounded by thriving greenery on all sides, IVAC was founded by Dr. Talavane Krishna in the year 1999. The center provides cures for certain illnesses that modern medicine fails to, and it has played a very important role in bringing traditional Indian medicine to the forefront.
The resort architecture, based on very meticulous Indian Vaastu fundamentals, comprises of a varied collection of rooms and suites ranging from plush villas, cottages, and superior deluxe rooms to more budget friendly deluxe and standard rooms.
The high end suites come with many facilities ranging from basic twin beds and 24 hour hot and cold running water to air conditioning, nicely furnished bathrooms and additional amenities like digital safety lockers, tea/coffee makers, hair dryers and more. The budget rooms are facilitated with very basic but necessary amenities like telephones, hot and cold water and well equipped bathrooms. You can either choose a room that faces a garden or opt for one that overlooks the mountains.
How to Get to the Resort
The center is situated in Mysore, so it would be easier to reach the place if you land at the city airport. Those traveling to IVAC via Bangalore can drive down 130 km (2 ½ hours) in their private vehicle. Located 5 km from the Mysore bus depot, 128 km from Madikeri, 139 km from Ooty and 88 km from Karapura, IVAC is situated in an ideal spot.
Contact Information and Pricing
IVAC offers different packages for its visitors with tariffs ranging from INR 12000 to INR 31000, including complimentary meals, doctor consultations, beauty therapies and a few integral Ayurvedic treatments.
Post Box No-3, Ittigegud
Mysore 570 010 Karnataka India
Phone: +91 – 821 – 247 – 3437/3263/3266
Activities and Things to Do
- Indus Valley Ayurvedic Centre provides recreational facilities for its visitors like swimming pools, and tennis courts, and you can check these out when you’re bored.
- You can catch a game in the golf course and enjoy a lazy day in this way with your friend.
- Trekking and boating are the more adventurous options that you can go for during your stay at IVAC.
- Apart from the premium leisure activities, IVAC offers workshops on yoga, vaastu and astrology that you can attend.
- There are Ayurvedic spas, provisions for learning yoga lessons and yajanas and classed on Ayurveda that are aimed at imparting knowledge to all visitors.
- The centre also organizes activity trips such as bird watching, horse rides and many more.