KHAJANE: Online Treasury System
The online treasury project, KHAJANE, computerises all the 216 treasury offices in Karnataka and is connected to a central server at the State Secretariat through VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal). It provides reguar updates regarding the State expenditure and receipts to the central server. KHAJANE in Sanstriket means treasury.
KHAJANE aims to bring about a more transparent and accountable system of financial transactions and also discipline in operations and management, resulting in efficiency and cost savings for the government. This system eliminates duplication of data entry and maintenance of individual treasuries and enables uniform replication of modified data at the central server.
KHAJANE monitors stocks for stamps and safe custody articles in the state. It also addresses pension payment details for treasury to retired Government staff and social welfare schemes started by the government.
Some of the features of the project are as follows
- Information on budget allocation, expenditure and allotment details
- Maintenance of Bil Process Log for transactions
- Pay order generation
- Online receipt details with updates of zilla and taluk panchayat balances.
- Challan information linking with various modules (stamps, OAP, payments and deposits).
- Automatic generation of treasury transfer receipts.
- Easy tracking of account details, routed through agency bank or treasury.
- Online information on account balances.
- Interest calculation and signature display online.
- Lapsed deposits and its revival.
- Maintenance of savings bank account details.
- Stamps inventory information maintained online.
- Inter treasury unit transactions recorded.
- Strong room details captured.
- Information on stamp stocks, embossing of documents.
- Maintenance of pension payment order details.
- Automatic conversion of enhanced family pension to normal family pension.
- Pensioner status information.