With TV media reaching every household in India the poll predictions by ‘pundits’ have become very important. The unfortunate part of the analysis is that we see caste still plays a big role in our elections. The Karnataka State Assembly with 224 seats requires 113 to form the government. The seat standings for 2008 was: Congress 80, BJP 110, JD(S) 28, Independents 28. On May 5, 2013 Karnataka assembly elections will be held. The poll predictions so far,
- Prabodhan Research Group (April 2013): Congress 95 , BJP 81, JD(S) 27, KJP and independents 8 each, BSR-Congress 5.
- Prof. Rajeev Gowda: Congress (115-130), BJP (40-45), JDS (30-35), KJP (15-20), BSR (3-8)
- Headlines Today-C-Voter (March): Congress 114-122, BJP 48-56, JD(S) 32-38, KJP 10-14
What are Political Parties Predicting?
- We will get absolute majority, claims former CM and KJP leader Yeddyurappa [source tweet & video]
- Congress will get 125 or more seats, says Siddaramaiah [source tweet & video]
- BJP now is confident of “forming the government” [source tweet]
- No predictions from JD(S) yet
Oneindia Karnataka Poll Survey Result
Many participated on Oneindia’s Facebook app “Karnataka Guru” to share their predictions. Here are the results,
- 45.72% people have predicted Congress to win => 102 seats
- 29.29% people have predicted BJP to win => 66 seats
- 13.5% people have predicted JD(S) to win =>30 seats
- 10.42% people have predicted KJP to win => 23 seats
- 1.08% people have predicted Loksatta Party to win => 2 seats