What does Akrama/Sakarma mean?
If violations in residential buildings in BBMP limits are:
- Within 25%, penalty would be 6% of the market value.
- If violation exceeds 25% and within 50% penalty would be 8% of market value.
- Market value would be determined in accordance with Karnataka StampAct, 1957
- For non – residential buildings, violations within 25% in BBMP limits, fines would be 20% of market value, if violation are more than 25%, fines would be 35% of market value.
- Bill states that violations in residential buildings should be more than 50%, while violations in commercial buildings not more than 25%.
- Limits – Violations in Residential Buildings
- 20/30 – A zone Rs 45,000 / B zone Rs 30,000 (earlier it was Rs 72,000 )
- 30/40 – A zone Rs 90,000 / B zone Rs 60,000 (earlier it was Rs 1,62,000 )
- 60/40 – A zone Rs 2,10,000 / B zone Rs 1,80,000 (earlier it was Rs 4,23,000 )
- Penalties would be imposed taking 6% of the guidance value of that particular area if violations are within 25%
- Penalties would be 8% of the guidance value of that particular area if violations are more than 25%.
- Violations in commercial buildings with in BBMP limits fines would be 20% of guidance value if violations are within 25%
- Fines will be 35% of guidance value if violations are more than 25%
This ordinance needs to be approved by the Governor of Karnataka which hasn’t yet been done.