The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is one of the most prestigious business schools in India as well as the entire Asia Pacific region. The premier institute was founded in the year 1973. It is located on a sprawling campus covering 100 acres on the Bannerghatta Road in Bangalore.
The institute offers a Doctoral program, a number of Post Graduate programmes and a wide array of Executive training programmes. Its Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program is considered to be equivalent to MBA degree offered by universities.
Affiliations and Accreditations
IIMB is an autonomous Central Educational Institution of the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Courses offered at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
IIM Bangalore awards diplomas and not degrees for its academic programmes. The institute offers the following long duration post graduate programmes:
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM): A globally recognized doctoral programme meant to encourage academic research
- Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP): A two year full time residential programme that leads up to Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), the flagship programme of IIMB
- Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM): A part time two-year Post Graduate Programme meant to provide general management education to middle and senior level management professionals
- Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy Management (PGPPM): A key long duration programme meant for senior managers or professionals from the Government administration to enable them to make future policy decisions
- Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP): A full time one-year residential post graduate diploma programme meant primarily for candidates with 5 to 15 years of work experience
- Post Graduate Programme in Aerospace and Aviation Management: An Executive General Management Programme in Aerospace and Aviation Management
Apart from the post graduate programmes, IIM Bangalore also offers Executive Education Programmes, such as:
- Open Programmes: These are either Short Duration Programmes (SDPs) or Long Duration Programmes (LDPs). The SDPs are of 3 to 5 days duration and the LDPs are part time programmes offered over 2 to 12 months duration.
- Customised Programmes: These programmes are designed to meet the specific talent development needs of organizations.
- International Programmes: IIM Bangalore offers executive development programmes in collaboration with top international Business Schools for the benefit of practicing managers. The International Master’s Program in Practicing Management (IMPM) is one such program offered jointly by IIMB with INSEAD, McGill University, Lancaster University and a consortium of Japanese universities.
Admission Procedure at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
IIM Bangalore follows specific procedures for admission of domestic and international students.
Admission is based on CAT/ GMAT score of candidates, as well as some other parameters such as a consistently good academic record, performance in the writing test, interview, and letters of reference. Some of the programmes require the candidates to have a work experience of 3 to 7 years to qualify for them.
International candidates are admitted through direct applications. These candidates are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) and have an official result reported to the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB).
For further details on the admission procedure, domestic as well as international candidates can refer to the specific programmes on the website of IIMB.
Facilities at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
IIM Bangalore has one of the most impressive campuses among the B-schools in India. The campus is equipped with several facilities that make it ideal for research and academic pursuits. The major facilities at IIM Bangalore are:
- A fully Wi-Fi enabled campus with world class infrastructure
- Classrooms with state-of-the-art facilities
- Auditorium with seating capacity for 500 people
- Computer centre with round-the-clock internet connectivity and more than 600 PCs and workstations
- A library housed in a 55000 square feet complex consisting of four floors
- The library has 235000 documents and books, more than 85000 journals and a huge collection of e-books
- 16 hostel blocks offering accommodation for girls and boys, each block having internet connectivity and uninterrupted power supply
- Robust sporting infrastructure with facilities for various sports
- Well-equipped music room
Nadathur S. Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL) that aids the entrepreneurial activities at IIMB and helps transform business ideas to successful ventures
Student Exchange Programme
IIM Bangalore has an extensive International Students Exchange Network that provides a cross cultural exposure and a global perspective to its students. More than a hundred students from IIM Bangalore avail the opportunity to visit a foreign institute every year under this program and an equal number of students from various international B-schools arrive at IIMB.
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
Bangalore – 560076
Phone Number: +91 80 2658 2450 / 2699 3996