Don Bosco Institute of Technology is one of the top ranked institutions for technical studies in the state of Karnataka. It is located in the Kumbalagodu extension on the Bangalore-Mysore highway. Founded in the year 2001, the private coeducational institute has evolved as an excellent centre for technological and scientific education in India. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
The institute was set up to foster an academic environment to impart higher education of global standard as well as encourage and support research and development activities. With a team of highly educated faculty members and first-rate infrastructural facilities, the institution provides all the necessary inputs for a competitive environment of technical studies.
Campus of Don Bosco Institute Of Technology
Don Bosco Institute of Technology has a campus that covers 36 acres of land and is located in a serene environment in the south west suburb of the city. The campus comprises of large academic building, hostels, green plants and trees, huge playgrounds, well-laid gardens and several other features that make it an ideal place for academic pursuits.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
To be eligible for admission into the under graduate course at the institute under General Category a candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Biology / Electronics/ Computer Science / Information Science in the P.U.C. examination of State of Karnataka or its equivalent examination in any other state. For PIO / NRI candidates the minimum aggregate percentage required is 45%. A minimum aggregate of 40% is required for SC / ST / OBC category of students that belong to the state of Karnataka.
To be eligible for admission into the post graduate courses of MBA / M.Tech under the general category a candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 50% marks considering all the years of the Bachelor Degree examinations. For candidates belonging to the Karnataka state and falling under the categories of SC/ST and category I, the aggregate percent of marks considering all the years of the qualifying examination is 45%.
Don Bosco Institute Of Technology offers under graduate programs leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degrees in seven disciplines and post graduate programs leading to M.Tech / MBA degrees in six disciplines. The courses offered by the institute are:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
- B.E. in Telecommunication Engineering
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- M. Tech in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
- M. Tech in Digital Electronics
- M. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- M. Tech in Computer Networks
- M. Tech in Design Engineering
Don Bosco Institute Of Technology offers excellent infrastructural facilities to enable the students to concentrate on their studies. Among the facilities available at the institute are:
- A well stocked library with more than 35000 volumes of books, around 8000 titles, subscriptions to 150 technical journals, periodicals and magazines, a large collection of CD-ROMs and accessibility to international e-journals
- Uninterrupted broadband and Wi-Fi facility
- Well furnished classrooms
- Laboratories equipped with latest instruments and tools
- Centre for art & culture
- Facilities for sports and recreational activities
- Outdoor games facilities for various games & sports like basket ball, volley ball, net ball, badminton, hand ball, cricket, football, soft ball, throw ball, judo, etc.
- Indoor games facilities like carom, chess, table tennis, etc.
- Amenities for physical education, martial arts, yoga, etc.
- Well equipped gymnasium
- Cafeteria and snacks corners for tasty snacks and beverages
- ATM services for easy fulfilment of banking needs
- Transport facilities available through a fleet of luxury college buses
- Separate residential hostels for boys and girls with each hostel having reading rooms, recreation centres, Wi-Fi facility, mess facilities, etc.
Training and Placement Cell
The training and placement cell of the institute offers various facilities and resources for training the students and grooming them for interviews and campus placements. Students are trained in various aspects of soft skills, people skills, and behavioural skills so that can excel in their personal and professional lives.
Several reputed companies visit the institute to recruits students. A few of the famous recruiters of the institute are Siemens, Accenture, HCL, ICICI Bank, Torry Harris, Infosys Technologies, L&T Infotech, Wipro Technologies, Reliance Communications, etc.
Don Bosco Institute Of Technology encourages research activities by the students. It provides all the facilities needed for carrying out research within the institute. Visvesvaraya Technological University has recognized some of the departments as research centres of the institute. Such departments are:
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Science & Humanities
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Management Studies (MBA)
Don Bosco Institute of Technology
Kumbalagodu, Mysore Road,
Bangalore – 560060
Phone: +91 802 843 7028 / 29