Karnataka ( Map ) has 27 districts [something like counties in the US]. Unfortunately Census Commission doesn’t have the correct figure.
- Bangalore Urban ( Map )
- Bangalore Rural ( Map ) includes Nelamangala, Devanahalli (including assembly segment Doddaballapur), Hoskote (including assembly segment Varthur) and Anekal
- Bagalakot ( Map )
- Belgaum ( Map )
- Bellary ( Map )
- Bidar ( Map )
- Bijapur ( Map )
- Chamarajanagar ( Map )
- Chikballapur – carved out of Kolar district. Includes Gowribidanur, Gudibanda, Bagepalli, Chintamani, Sidlaghatta and Chikballapur taluks.
- Chikkamaglur ( Map )
- Chitiradurga ( Map )
- Davanagere ( Map )
- Gulbarga ( Map )
- Gadag ( Map )
- Hassan ( Map )
- Haveri ( Map )
- Kolar ( Map ) with 1792 villages will comprise Srinivasapura, Mulbagal, Malur, Bangarpet and Kolar taluks.
- Koppal ( Map )
- Mandya ( Map )
- Mangalore (Dakshina Kannada) ( Map )
- Mysore ( Map )
- Raichur ( Map )
- Ramanagram carved out of Bangalore Rural district. Includes Ramanagaram, Chennapatna, Magadi and Kanakapura (including asembly segment of Sathnur).
- Shimoga ( Map )
- Tumkur ( Map )
- Udupi ( Map )
- Uttara Kannada
- District in-charge ministers in Karnataka
- Chikkaballapur district gets a new map
The colour map has been designed by teacher of the Bharathi Educational Institution, L Ekambaram, and comprises of the six taluks of the Chikkaballapur sub-division of the undivided Kolar district. A separate map had not been created for the district after its creation on August 23.
- Bangalore: Two new districts notified on Aug 4, 2007
Ramanagaram and Chikballapur, two new districts have received official status, with the government on Saturday issuing a final notification in this regard.
- Karnataka Cabinet clears two new districts
Karnataka Cabinet today approved formation of two new districts-Ramanagara and Chikballapura to facilitate easy administration to the people.Briefing newsmen here after the cabinet meeting, Home Minister M P Prakash said that while Kolar district was bifurcated to form the Chikballapura district, Ramanagara, the Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy’s assembly constituency, was formed as a new district comprising four taluks after dividing the Bangalore Rural district.
- Ramanagaram to be 28th district of Karnataka
H D Kumaraswamy’s constituency, Ramanagaram, in Bangalore Rural district will become the 28th district of Karnataka. To coincide with the number, it will be inaugurated on June 28. Kumaraswamy made this announcement at the launch of midday meal scheme here on Wednesday. Karnataka will be getting a new district a decade after seven new districts were carved out, taking the total in the state from 20 to 27 then. To steer clear of prickly issues that previous governments faced before they zeroed in on the seven districts, the Kumaraswamy government has constituted a panel to go into the infrastructure, views and feasibility factors and recommend new districts that could be carved out of Bangalore (Rural), Kolar, Gulbarga and Belgaum.
- 3 to 4 new districts to be carved out soon in Karnataka
Karnataka is all set to get three or four new districts. While there are no problems with the proposed Chikballapur district (carved out of Bangalore Rural and Kolar), the break-up of the unwieldy Belgaum and Gulbarga districts is likely to run into trouble.